ROCKVILLE, Md. — The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will hold a back-to-school event here on Thursday that will highlight school bus safety.
The NTSB said that the free public event will focus on transportation safety for schoolchildren, with demonstrations on school bus safety, pedestrian safety and the proper installation of child safety seats.
The agency is presenting the event in coordination with Safe Kids Montgomery County, Fitzgerald Auto Mall, Montgomery County Public Schools and the Montgomery County Police Department.
Participants will include:
• Deborah Hersman, NTSB’s acting chairman (she has been nominated for a third term as chairman)
• Congressman Chris Van Hollen of Maryland
• Capt. Thomas Didone, Montgomery County Police Department
• Todd Watkins, director of transportation, Montgomery County Public Schools
• Jack Fitzgerald, founder and CEO, Fitzgerald Auto Mall
The “Transportation Safety Demo & Car Seat Check” event will be held on Thursday, Aug. 15, at 9:30 a.m. It will take place at Fitzgerald Auto Mall, 5501 Nicholson Ln., Rockville, Md.