Subscribe Today

September 11, 2012  |   Comments (0)   |   Post a comment

Student suffers serious allergic reaction on bus


PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY, Va. — A Prince George County High School student suffered a serious allergic reaction on a school bus Friday, CBS 6 reports.

The student was checked over at school after receiving a bee sting, and his father told the school he could ride the bus home. While on the bus, the student began to develop signs of a serious allergic reaction.

The bus driver stopped the bus near the school board office and called for help. A school nurse at the office arrived and administered an epinephrine auto-injector and called 911. The student was taken to a medical center, where he was treated and released.

To read the full story, click here.

Other stories related to allergic reactions:

How to identify and respond to insect sting allergies

R.I. bus drivers, monitors can administer epinephrine

Post a Comment

Read more about: Virginia

Post a comment

Related Stories

Premium Member

Get bus sales numbers, transportation statistics, bus specifications, industry survey results, bus loading and unloading fatality statistics and more in the School Bus Fleet Research Center. Become a premium member today!
Log in Button Register Button


Get breaking news, industry updates, product announcements and more.