SCHENECTADY, N.Y. — Transfinder will release Version 10.0 of Routefinder Pro, its flagship school bus routing software, in November.
This version contains several powerful features, including new integration with Servicefinder, Transfinder's fleet maintenance solution, and with third-party student tracking systems, such as Zonar's ZPass. In addition, Version 10.0 incorporates the latest MapInfo mapping functionality for enhanced map renderings and access to BING satellite maps.
"Our clients are our partners and advisors when it comes to enhancing our software to meet their needs as they strive to provide safe and efficient transportation for their students," said Antonio Civitella, president and CEO. "As a result, we have grown substantially over the past several years and are well positioned to offer features in our solutions that incorporate the latest technologies to enhance the performance of our solutions."
Additional new features in Routefinder Pro 10.0 include:
● Curbside pickup provides a universal check box that optimizes a route to ensure that buses travel down the correct side of the street for curbside pickup of students, especially for students with special needs.
● Approach point generates a path that ensures curbside pickup of students where necessary, but also adjusts the approach point of any stops where it makes sense in a specific area.
● Improved geocoding enables users to manually pin students without verifiable addresses on the map viewer or while routing by using already geocoded students as a reference.
● Expanded GeoSearch results allows users to view all geographic information within a map window or within an entire map with a click of the mouse. While routing, they also can view a summary of each trip that includes distance, duration and number of students assigned. As they highlight a trip, the system automatically adjusts the map to display the entire trip.
● New boundary options for redistricting offers more options for creating boundaries from a selection, adding and removing boundary sections, moving duplicate nodes and removing overlapping school boundaries.
● Student attendance history displays each student's attendance history and enables integration with third-party student attendance tracking systems, such as ZPass from Zonar Systems.
● Integration with Servicefinder includes a service tab on the vehicle entry screen which displays the history of work orders scheduled or performed on that vehicle. Upcoming maintenance and scheduled work for all vehicles in Servicefinder is also available as a reminder.
"Transfinder's latest upgrade simplifies the work needed by the transportation office to create and maintain routes, as well as adds new features and more options for creating and modifying boundaries," said Bill Bench, former Transfinder client and router for Killeen (Texas) Independent School District. "The new curbside feature creates safe student pickup stops, which are especially important for transporting students with special needs."