ALBANY, N.Y. — The National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) has awarded scholarships to 13 individuals to cover the cost of registration to attend the 2011 Annual NAPT Summit, which will be held in Cincinnati next month.
The following people received a scholarship provided by Zonar Systems:
• Rodney Williamson of Newport News, Va.
• Penny Fleming of Crystal Lake, Ill.
• Andy Martin of Elgin, Ill.
• George Sontag of Worthington, Ohio
• Debbie Miller of Wadsworth, Ohio
• Karen Irwin of Thornton, Colo.
• Shari Gillman of American Fork, Utah
• Darlene Marshall of Warrenton, Va.
• Peggy Whitacre of Charleston, W.Va.
Four others were the recipients of a scholarship provided by Peter Lawrence, director of transportation for the Fairport (N.Y.) Central School District, and his wife, Linda. The scholarship is intended to help four school bus driver trainers or front-line supervisors attend an industry training event. The recipients are:
• Carli Shanholtz of Romney, W.Va.
• Delvico Dunn of Monroe, N.C.
• Kimberly Rentner of Marengo, Ill.
• Janice Cochran-Young of Loveland, Colo.
For information about the upcoming NAPT Summit, visit www.naptonline.org.