July 11, 2011  |   Comments (17)   |   Post a comment

Krapf acquires Septran Inc.

WEST CHESTER, Pa. — Krapf Bus Companies Inc. has acquired Septran Inc., which provides school transportation for special-needs students in Illinois and Minnesota.

The company operates a fleet of 1,150 vehicles, which range from minivans to small buses. About 15 percent of Septran’s fleet is full-size school buses.

“This is an important step for us, and we weighed it very carefully,” said Blake Krapf, CEO of Krapf Bus Companies. “Septran is a premier company in special-needs school transportation in the Midwest, and we are very proud that they selected Krapf from among many others to take over their operations. We believe the Midwest offers a lot of opportunities for Septran, and now for us.”

Krapf added that Septran’s owner and founder is 83 and ready to retire, but he wanted to ensure that the company he built continues to be family-owned and employee-centered, as well as remain an important part of the communities that Septran has served. These are core values of the Krapf companies, according to Blake Krapf, and Septran’s owner found that compelling.

“We are very proud to have Septran as part of the Krapf bus family,” added Dale Krapf, chairman of Krapf’s board of directors. “They have a very strong management and employee team, a great customer base, a well-managed fleet and a fine reputation. We expect to not only add to their future, but also to learn from them to make all our operations even better.”

Krapf Bus Companies’ acquisition of Septran is the second the company has made recently. Hash Bus Co. LP also became part of the Krapf bus family, as SBF reported last month.

Krapf, established nearly 70 years ago, is the largest private school bus contractor in Pennsylvania and Delaware. It also operates charter buses, paratransit vehicles and public transit lines in its home county of West Chester.

We have found that about as soon as we get enough signed up that some more have quit and we have to get more people signed up. Septran goes thru help like water. People you need a union call 847-695-1516 or go to the union web site www.temsters330.org and find out how you can be helped ad protected by the union

jJ    |    Jun 13, 2014 06:35 AM

Krapf keeps taking more and more away from Septran drivers they say Rockford is cheaper to live in than Chicago. They are crazy it costs just as much to live in Chicago they need to start increasing our wage to bring them inline with Chicago wages. You are having trouble keeping skilled drivers because of all stuff you are pulling. Start paying the good one you have a just wage or you might end up needing more drivers than you can handle.

jJ    |    Apr 13, 2014 12:38 PM

this will be the second time I have put this up. The speedometer in the buses must be calibrated and certified before you can enforce speeding overages. Your GPS says one thing and speedometer says something else.

driver for ?    |    Mar 12, 2014 04:02 PM

We the drivers for Septran feel that we are not being treat fairly since Krapf bought Septran and we want a union to represent us n our dealing with the company. This is not just one location this is all locations that feel this but we need more people to call and talk to the reps that want to help us, so please call them at 815-873-9988, 815-874- 6307, 708-485-485-3200, 612-378-0446 or 1-800-637-5430, call now we need the Union to represent us!

anonymous    |    Oct 22, 2013 11:24 AM

more people call the numbers posted so we can get to union rolling to help us to stop being walked on by Krapf

anonymous    |    Sep 22, 2013 04:20 PM

815 not 818 sorry

jJ    |    Sep 17, 2013 03:04 PM

Septran drivers you need UNION representation call 818-874-6307, 815-874-9988, or 708-485-3200 and you can find out what the Union can do for you and stop Krapf from taking everything from you that you have had for years CALL NOW!

jJ    |    Sep 16, 2013 06:02 PM

as far as i'm concerned all drivers of students should have cdls not just regular licences as in suburban drivers not just school bus permits

bus driver    |    Aug 15, 2013 04:25 PM

Septran use to be a great company. Working here for 15 years and all of a sudden we can only use vehicle until 6pm on weekdays and we are not allowed to use vehicle no longer on the weekends. Is this only for Rockford or for every septran?

septran rockford    |    Jun 14, 2013 03:20 PM

I worked at the Septran in Naperville i was fired me because there was a call about my driving. I had never ever been called into the office about my driving. I have never been wrote up or anything. I was fired me over the phone, on my day off, during spring break when school is out and over my own child. You know somehow or another it might have been a blessing now I will gain employment with a company that offers benefits, higher pay, can I mention paid vacation how about being paid for the HOLIDAY. The more I speak or even think about it I KNOW IT WAS A BLESSING.

SDorsey    |    Apr 16, 2013 07:27 AM

Becuase I left Septran in carol Stream Il.in Nov. of 2012 they refuse to give my my W2s. I have called all the offices and get a different story from all of them.I worked there for 13 years without incident and the new company took over and hired a new boss and she has let go many old drivers to lower their payrole.

Chris Puppel    |    Feb 03, 2013 12:02 PM

This should be getting tiresome for you deleting my comments that Nancy was fired injustly and should of been just given disaplenary action in stead of being fired. Let me also point out that I have a right to voice my view of what happened and you have the right to disagree with what I say but deleting what I say is not right, you have the right to rebuttal to what I say so do that but if I have to I will keep putting it back on here but why not say why you remove it? I still talk to quite a few of the drivers so I can still stay up to date on what is going on even tho I no longer work there and I encourage people to voice waht they feel about what is going on, on this site and the other sites.

anonymous    |    Oct 06, 2012 01:59 PM

another driver got screwed he voiced his thought and got fired more BS

jJ Huff    |    May 09, 2012 10:06 AM

well the turn over keeps going on most of the smart people are leaving, Septran needs a union to protect people!!!

jJ Huff    |    Apr 27, 2012 07:24 PM

I am done with this outfit gone better job that pays BENIFITS AND A DECENT WAGE that is the reason of a high turn over they need to start paying better maybe a union would help

jJ Huff    |    Apr 06, 2012 08:35 AM

I see that my earlier post stating that we get wrote up if someone complaints about our driving and do not get the chance to defend ourselves. They will not get the persons name or phone number as the school districts require this on any and all complaints, we feel this is unfair and we now believe that we need to seek representation to help us the drivers in unfair write ups.

jJ Huff    |    Dec 23, 2011 10:50 AM

ahhhh my new bosses... welcome... :D

Anonymous    |    Jul 11, 2011 09:36 PM