New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2021 :  06:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am stumped with this one and I can't find decent wiring diagrams. When using headlights or park lights, or turn signals, the left side will go out, but the right side still works. It seems like a voltage drop from something, but only the left side of the bus. If you let the bus sit overnight, they will work again in the morning, but after 2 min, they will go back out. I've pulled fuses, relays, etc.. Anyone run into this problem, or can provide me with a decent wiring diagram?

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2021 :  2:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First place I'd check are the plugs and wiring on the chassis hub module underneath. The jumper harness with all yellow wires can fill with water causing issues. I can grab a few wiring diagrams if you care to leave me an email address

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2022 :  07:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks buster133.....that's exactly what it was. One terminal melted a perfect circle around the pin inside the connector. It was a pain to get off because the plastic melted together lol. Thanks for the info. I'll keep this one in my memory bank since it seems to be more reliable than the factory wiring diagrams.
Go to Top of Page

ParklandGarage

2 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2022 :  12:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buster133

First place I'd check are the plugs and wiring on the chassis hub module underneath. The jumper harness with all yellow wires can fill with water causing issues. I can grab a few wiring diagrams if you care to leave me an email address

I am working on a 2018 C2 with a no crank issue. Are you able to get a wire diagram for that? I can't find much else. I have checked all fuses, relays, power and ground inputs.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  02:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keyswitch to BHM and BHM to starter this is the wiring diagram number G06-63495
inputs are on plug C6 and output to starter is from plug C4 pin b, fusable link in wire on starter side of transmission , and one big wire on the batteries is for the starter only

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000