Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Cat C7 in 2004 blue bird school bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Top-one

7 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2021 :  12:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Top-one's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gooday everybody, i respect and salute all the exspert in this forum, i am a new member to this forum, i'm working on 2004 blue bird bus with cat C7 engine. All the instrument cluster indicators and guages are displaying steadily i'e(all indicators light blink on and off and all guage sweep up and down steadily) after the ignation key is on and also buzzer sound conutinusly, so when i crank the engine it would't start, then i connect scan tool and fault code(164-11=Injection actuation pressure system fault) that is only fault found in ecu memory, then i remove injector for test and they confirm it ok,furthermore.When i turn on ignation key the ECU send audible signal to injector's coil but when cranking the engine ECU stop firing injectors, what could be causing this problems? have replaced both primary and secondary timing speed sensors still ECU not firing injectors, please i need everybody help with useful information to solving this issues because have done all what i know but the problem still persist, i will appreciate anyone who can help me out.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2021 :  02:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IPR actuator, put a hose and gauge and measure high pressure oil pressure after suppling the IPR with 12volts( for a short time 15-20 seconds) should get 5000psi, have valve cover off and try to start and look for oil leaks , if you get all six injectors that fail with the same code then its an ecm

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Top-one

7 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2021 :  2:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Top-one's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thamk you very much bluenozer, i will try it and feed bck later.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000