Has this ever happened to you ???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2021 :  07:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I replaced the fuel filters on a 2002 TC 2000 with a 5.9 . I opened that red valve to drain the filter to replace them . I replaced the filters and and closed the red valve , bled the system and took it out for a test drive . During my drive I noticed diesel in the road . Drove for about a 1 1/2 miles . Came back to the shop and there was diesel coming out of the bus . Opened the dog house and found the red valve didn't close . I pushed it down and still didn't close so I opened it back up again and it closed .They are looking at terminating me because of this . The district is saying EPA is going to fine us and that I was negligent in my performance of my job . I have never had issues with the red valve not closing so I have never had to check to make sure it closed Has any one else ? I have changed hundreds of filters on this engine My boss won't stand behind me on this and took it to the superintendent

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2021 :  09:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds extreme on there end what happens if a hp oil line blows or a fuel line broke?
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2021 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree ...they really dug up a lot of stuff . Such a bus loosing coolant because a hose broke some where else in the system after I worked on it . My boss really threw me under the bus had to really scrape up things over time and never written up . So at 62 I am looking for work :-( Anybody hiring !!!!
Go to Top of Page

cmiyc

2 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2021 :  12:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit cmiyc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IT CALLED AGEISM
NEVER MEET WITH THEM WITHOUT YOUR UNION REP PRESENT
DON'T ADMIT TO ANYTHING
TAKE YOUR TIME MAKING YOUR REPAIRS AND FOLLOW UP ON THEM
KEEP YOUR OWN REPAIR LOG
SORRY TO SAY, BUT THEY WANT TO MOVE YOU AND THE UNION OUT
GOOD LUCK
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2021 :  2:44:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like they are trying hard to get you out.

We mechanics have jobs because stuff breaks. If it didn't break, we'd all be unemployed.

Having said that, it really sounds like they are trying to push you out. As much as that stinks, do you want to work somewhere that doesn't want you there? Talk to union rep and see if there are any other options to benefit you and your wife at this point (severance package? Health insurance for a while? etc.)

Make the best of it, and move on. You are better off without them.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2021 :  08:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just logged on to this site after a long hiatus, sorry to hear. Hopefully you'll land on your feet, good luck.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2021 :  10:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes they wanted me out . Something funny is I had a helper last year . 10 hours a week so he could drive 30 and work in the shop for 10 . This year they told him he would lose his 10 hours . He wrote the Sup . and asked for them back . Was told no . He wrote my supervisor and said lets stratgize to them back . She told him no . Then I cam up for reelection as president hadn't had a vice president for years . So he runs for vice and wins along with a new driver for president . I saw the hand writing on the wall . Tough female wanted to show the district they are under paid and a man with no balls asking for help getting his hours back . This man drove log truck before coming to the district to drive bus . 50 years old and didn't like having to work hard . Brown noses my supervisor bad . Now he is in the shop after pushing me out and got his ten hours The union sees nothing wrong and has tried to fight for me but got letters from every driver saying I was biggest screw up to come down the pike I have 41 years experience and just to be done in by 8 females .I counted him as a big ***** sorry . Man is as dumb as the day is long . Sorry about venting but 41 years experience and 62 years old something is wrong here
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2021 :  02:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's what I thought too, don't stick yourself to those a*holes, it doesn't worth your time, really. I really hope you get out of that situation man.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2021 :  06:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Honestly i would get on a big job engine or engine work disassemble and bye ! Thats just insanity with the given scenario that would happen , first day on the job ok , decades of experience and years with an employer its ...unthinkable for them to act in that manor imo . Like its that easy to find experienced mechanics . im usually not a vindictive person but that would throw me over the edge and at 62 would make certain its a mess
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2021 :  05:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Exactly, and it's really annoying doing something like this to a person who's with the job for decades. Very unreasonable.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2021 :  11:01:48 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys I appreciate what you are saying .I found it very hard to deal with all this . There is some good news I was just hired by another school district as their head and it's more money . And today is the state patrol inspection with my past district which would have made it my 82 inspection in my career .
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2021 :  12:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on that! Best of luck to you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.4 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000