Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 International red warning lights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

02raptor

11 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  10:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I activate flashers on the wheel they are amber. I open the door they go to red and all is good. I close the door and the reds stay on and stop arm out. The stepwell light goes on and off like it should. Any ideas?

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  12:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you push the red light button does the reds go off and the stop sign go in? Has this been an issue that has just started or is this a new bus because that may be the way it is wired where you have to push the red button to turn them off. In our state you turn on the ambers, activate the reds check to make sure traffic has stopped then open the door, close the door, then push the red button to deactivate the reds.
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  11:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you found the main cause of your issue?
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  03:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this isn't a new issue it's very possible it's programmed that way. We have a few 05 IC's with steering wheel switches. After you activate ambers and open the door (which turns the reds on) to pick up a student, the red lights will stay on until you start driving and the computer senses wheel speed. Our drivers didn't like it so we had the buses reprogrammed to shut the red lights off when the door closes. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  04:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice, I'll try your advice, thanks!
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2021 :  07:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ive got a 06 IHC the ambers or reds wont come on with the switch. With lamp check all the lights work and with the laptop with dlb I can get all the lights stop sign and crossing gate to work. Anyone got a idea where to look next? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2021 :  02:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you fixed it already?
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2021 :  06:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope replaced the clock spring that didnt work then changed out the body controller that didnt work trading it in this summer so put it the scrap bus section
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2021 :  05:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I’m no expert however that is a sign it may Be just a bad connection or ground. I just cleaned with sandpaper and a small wire brush. (easier with a drill) all the grounds on frame I could find. And lastly at the battery all connections to the frame. Snuggling up all battery terminals. Had 1 ground on the battery that had a little green on it. Used dielectric grease on everything. I had broken down and luckily got going back last Sunday avoiding tow bill.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000