Blue Bird hood paint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ACL

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  07:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does everyone have as crappy hood paint as we have? Our 1st gen Visions have flaking clearcoat and our 3rd gen ones have the color coming off completely leaving big black patches.

2nd gen ones actually seem to be pretty good but I haven't looked at all of them.

I realize the 1st gen ones are a bit old now but the C2s of the same age (without clearcoat) are just a bit more faded than the BBs so they look better overall.

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  09:23:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ACL

Does everyone have as crappy hood paint as we have? Our 1st gen Visions have flaking clearcoat and our 3rd gen ones have the color coming off completely leaving big black patches.

2nd gen ones actually seem to be pretty good but I haven't looked at all of them.

I realize the 1st gen ones are a bit old now but the C2s of the same age (without clearcoat) are just a bit more faded than the BBs so they look better overall.

They should have a 5 year paint warranty for them

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

ACL

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  11:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, only the third gen would still under warranty in that case. I'll check the dates on the buses where I see that paint loss.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000