Some things don't work on an 04 DT 466
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  3:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have a FE300 with a DT 466 . Driver told me her wait to start only lights up for 2 or 3seconds no matter what . I also found out the filter and water in the fuel don't light when starting bus . Cruise control doesn't work . Are all these connected ? I just ran the test for the intake heaters and I can turn them on with service max . So I need some real help Also when I was running service max it said I had 39.5 lbs of boost from the turbo at idle ?

Edited by - valleybusman on 11/19/2020 4:17:43 PM

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  04:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pull the intake manifold pressure sensor could be clogged with soot, or EBP sensor is clogged (or pipe)
the grid heater harness or the relays (not sure if yours has 1 or 2 grids in the intake)
cruise is it on the wheel or above key all our buses have cruise disable but still works for ramping up rpm

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  08:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for replying Bluenozer . Mine has 2 heaters . The cruise control is on the dash by the gauges .I will check things outand let you know . Another thing with tis bus it had an over heat problem that damaged the head so we sent the head in for repairs and re installed
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  07:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bluenozer I have tried to find these sensors with no luck . Could you help me figure out where these are located . Appreciate all your help !!!
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  09:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EBP(3 wire sensor) sensor will be a tube coming from exhaust manifold to above alternator passenger side, IMP( 3 wire sensor) sensor and IMT(2 wire sensor) sensor front of intake on drivers side, is this an egr engine (tube type above exhaust manifold)

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years

Edited by - Bluenozer on 11/23/2020 10:05:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  12:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This has an EGR Thanks for repyling
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000