New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  06:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can anyone tell me how or where the relay is for the vandle lock switch on the back door i am having a very intermitten no stort an today i was playing wityh the slide lock on back door and it start few times then wouldnt start again then i went to back door and slide lock back and fourth again and it started a couple times then didnt but how does that circuit work i cant find anything on it i have all powers and grounds to body module when i i try and stat and it wont i have my ground coming in from key i have power from neutral saftey but nothing coming out of module to starter relay i am thinking its on the vandle lock side but cant find anything

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  06:45:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i mean chassis module not body module
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  10:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't find any wiring diagrams for this system, went out to a 2019BB bus and the buzzer goes off when this is locked at the rear door do you have the buzzer going off also

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  10:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah its wierd the buzzer goff when its locked but the bus wont start if i go and lock and unlock the back door lock a few times real fast go up front the bus starts right up i let it sit for ten minutes it wont start again i go to back lock and unlock that lock real fast go to front bus starts right up i replaced the relay in the back under that cover just to make me feel better but that did nothing i am thinking some how by locking and unlocking it its sending a ground shock to chassis module and making it work wondering if the module is bad but i ohms all the wires at chassis module to the signal from back door and found nothing i am pulling what hair i got left out
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  09:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You ever figure this out ???
we had one that had vandal lock after replacing everything from a no start problem. I figured out it does go through the body control module swapped it with sister bus solved problem.
Go to Top of Page

aaronthemech

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2021 :  09:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had this happen on a 2020 BB. Issue was the switch they are using now (old GM door jamb switch) can get just alittle corroded, really not much, and stops making a good ground, which turns on the vandal lock system not allowing the bus to start. I replaced with a different switch (better brass switch from a car restoration shop) and problem solved.

-Aaron-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2021 :  12:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i replaced the switch aswell but i had the system disconnected to see if it was the switch and it still did it but the new switch came in i put it in an i believe the bus was on road for two or three days then a truck desided to run underneath the back of it lol and caused major damage its a body shop now dont expect to see it for a while so this project is on hold til then
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000