New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  07:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok this is my first time working on one ofthese gas ic buses and i got an evap leak code now normal on lets say a gm van with my snapon scanner i can activate the purge solenoid and the vent valve buton this NED software i see no where to activate anything isthere another version i need for testing cause there has to be a way to activate different things and run different tests??????

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  08:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the latest JPRO hooks up to them no sure about NEDS , its probably another program one would have to purchase , I go with jpro, 1 program does it all , and if you pay for it, you have all major brand trouble shooting also or the program is PSI PowerLink v2.0
we have no gassers here in our fleet

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  10:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i use to have jpro a while back and it would always want me to hook up wit navistar for diagnostic thats y i got rid of it for ned but maybe its changed???
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  10:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just for the gas engine or all engines , you have to pay 100$ a month for the fault guidence system( or it defaults to programs already installed) which is good if someone has no training
the software is sold by noregon which makes jpro it would have to be added , or 1000$for it alone and it might only work with their device and not the nexiq
All in all for the price of two oem programs you can have jpro full meal deal and it does it all now even CAT and Allison

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years

Edited by - Bluenozer on 11/03/2020 11:15:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  11:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I can't help. I have NED, but hardly ever use it since my engines are all Cummins anymore. I'm told it can still be a help, but I haven't seen it yet. I will be watching to see if someone else can help though, cause that would be good info. :)
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  12:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i have a few ic left and a couple new gas jobs but i messed around with NED went thru everything and no componenent testing so guess i got research my next software that would work best for me
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  6:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PSI Powerlink is the software for the PSI engines
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000