New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2020 :  04:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
morning guys i have a 2013 c2 6.7 it has a dead cylinder i no its number six i did a cylinder kill test now instie doesnt have a buzz test is there a way i can activate the injectors thru insite i wanna see if that buzz or not i am sure the injector is bad but i wanna see if it buzzes? and do u no whats involved with replacing an injector on a cummins 6.7 i have done a ton on international but none on a cummins yet

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 09/18/2020 07:16:29 AM

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2020 :  08:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
common rail so no buzz test, remove valve cover, remove jumper pipe from rail to head, then remove head tube( this must be new with new injector), rocker assembly for #6, removed hold down 5/8 wrench(or heel bar) pop her out reinstall theres something about the head tube i think you torque injector then torque head tube

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2020 :  11:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanku for the info i took valve cover off and both push rods are missing one cylinder six and the intake rocker is broken u ever see this happen ihave seen iton the international where the lifter keeper brakes and destroyed cam and push rods not sure if the cummins engine is simuliar or not
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2020 :  10:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not yet have some 08 still running. You must have parked it to close to an IC.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2020 :  03:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like she was ether bombed if all damage is in the lowest hole (angle from front to back) or the injector flooded and hydro'd that cylinder, egr cooler leaking by chance

Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2020 :  05:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my delema now is to i waste my time pulling head off sending it out puttin cam in it or do i just pull the motor and put a motor in it the oil pan is full of fuel so worrried the cylinder is allwashed out not sure which way i am gonna go
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  10:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if the holes still have the cross hatching on cylinder wall then the cylinders should be good, pour a little oil on piston and let them soak,bar it over and repeat you should now if theyre bad or not
cam not a bad job its done in frame either like an Ih and use dowels to hold lifters up or if you have the cummins tool you slide it in after the cam is out and push them all down in trough

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000