Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2000 IH DT466e CODE 333
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noahesmann

3 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  6:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit noahesmann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I get that this is a school bus form, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction. My truck through a code 333 for injection pressure below/above desired pressure. This happened on a 200 mile trip while pulling hills. I did notice the truck was beginning to start a little harder than usual. Anyways it made the trip home, I parked it, and it became a no start. I took off the hose on the high pressure pump that goes to the rail, and I have just about no oil pressure coming out. Oil comes out, but it does not gush out like I think it should. IPR was replaced last summer, along with ICP sensor, and the truck has only gone about 12k miles on the new sensors. I think its the high pressure pump but want to be sure. Any ideas? Thanks

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  07:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like a pump cause it should shot oil out like a fire hose, put 12v to the IPR and crank it by putting 12v to it it will full field to 5000psi i would would put some ppe or watch it a laptop(sounds you do not have one) pull the oil temp. sensor out and make the valley is keeping oil up there if not it could be a frt. cover issue , is there engine oil pressure if not inspect the oil pump on crank

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2020 :  2:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think Bluenozer is right . I made a gauge that I picked up at Hydraulic stote and made it so I could screw it on the head side of the hose . Will show up to 3000 psi if I remember . Then crank the engine should have at least 600 psi ? I have had to replace at least 3 of those pumps. Thye run about 1300 for a reman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000