Wabco ABS module
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Derbybug

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2020 :  10:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I have an 06 Int'l with HPB. I have an active ABS code for the LR wheel speed sensor circuit being open. I ohmed the harness from the ABS module to the wheel end and found it to be in good working order. Has anyone ever opened up one of the Wabco ABS modules to look for wiring corrosion or damage? I am going to just replace the module, but at a cost of $1750 I am curious if anyone has ever opened one up. Thanks

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2020 :  10:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't but I've been told the problem is the motors. Theoretically you could replace the motors.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

wrenchsnapper

27 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  4:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit wrenchsnapper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ive had this exact problem several times and its the ecu on the wabco unit . Since the ecu costs so much we just replace the whole unit as 5 years is about the lifespan of all the parts anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Derbybug

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  11:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No one has ever taken one apart????? I may have to do this then.

Safety in all things, always!
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

305 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  1:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have taken one apart. I found broken solder at numerous pins for the harness connector. If you find someone that has the proper tools to re solder ALL the pins my guess is your problem will go away. They are "potted" so to speak but its more like a silicon than the hard potting material we are used to. I cut just cut mine gently and flicked it out. After the repairs I filled the void with silicone and reassembled it.

Then you really need to take time and support the harness so as not to put any load on the ECU connection.

Right behind the front wheel was a wonderful place to mount the unit.........GRRR!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000