Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 no child left behind buzzer.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

longhorn

10 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2020 :  1:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit longhorn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the no child alarm will not reset on a 2017 international.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  01:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
button at rear no good , did you try unplugging it and crossing wires over to eliminate the switch

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  04:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by longhorn

the no child alarm will not reset on a 2017 international.

Need much more information. Does it have air brakes? I don't know about hydraulic but if the BCM isn't getting a signal that the parking brake is set you can't disarm. If the entry door is not sending a signal it can't disarm.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

wallbanger

2 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2020 :  1:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit wallbanger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had a IC that would not reset intermittently. Couldn't blame the driver on this one. We found the issue to be a diode on a dead end wire located in the left upper fuse panel access door. I think it was a purple wire(?) that had a white diode on the end that was covered in black heat shrink. We replaced it and the gremlin has stayed away since.
Go to Top of Page

300rsaum

1 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2022 :  10:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit 300rsaum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wallbanger! We had one doing the same thing, and the diode took care of it. I would add that on some of the busses that you may need to look under the switch panel in the drivers seat where that big harness comes through that panel. When I tried to find one to swap and test, the first couple busses we looked at we couldn't find it cause it was on the other side of where that harness goes through the panel under the switches inside. The third bus we looked at it was right as it goes through. it will be two purple wires protruding from the big harness right before or after it goes through the panel.
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2023 :  09:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wallbanger or 300rsaum, do you happen to know the part number for the diode. I am having a similar issue and found the diode. it tests fine but im going to replace it to eliminate it from the possible problem list.
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2023 :  1:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The part number for the diode (IH calls it a rectifier) is 467404c91
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000