Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  4:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

We know that you all are not only dedicated pupil transporters - you are also spouses, parents, grandparents, etc. Tell us: how are you dealing with issues like working from home, having your children/grandchildren at home, homeschooling, keeping supplies stocked at home, etc? Maybe we could share some tips on getting through this challenge. In addition, what do you want to know about COVID-19 and its impact on pupil transportation? Feel free to respond here or send us an email at info@schoolbusfleet.com.

Thanks and be well.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  7:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestion. I have one child in high school and one in college. I work for the same school as my high schooler is in and we are shut down until at least early April per our governor's order. My older child was on spring break and his school said to come pick his stuff up at his dorm, the rest of his year is going to be online. It's been tough on him because his major is machining and most of his classes are hands on labs. We had to scramble to get him a computer that was powerful enough to run the CAD software here at home. We are fortunate that our local internet company upgraded everyone's internet to 500 Mbps for free! Their reasoning was that so many kids would be home and doing homework and other stuff that we all would need it. I think they were probably right.

All the necessary places are open. I can get parts for my personal vehicles, I can get gasoline, Walmart and other stores have plenty of the necessary supplies that we need. (although they seem to never have hand sanitizer and TP). All restaurants are carryout only. Businesses that are considered unnecessary are closed. (although I haven't encountered anything closed yet). I live in a very rural area and there are no reported cases in our county, or neighboring counties, yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

As for COVID itself, I keep up with news via TV and internet daily. I feel it's a part of my job, as TD, to stay informed. Some things are still confusing though. We were told by our super to clean everything and stay out of the buses until we return. I feel the virus would be dead, without every cleaning a thing, in a couple days. I'm not so sure about that now. I get conflicting reports on that. It also seems to me if we don't stay out long enough that kids will just spread things around like wildfire, irrespective of whether we keep things clean or not. I think staying in touch with the local health department is key. Good luck and God bless.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000