Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2020 BLUE BIRD HOWL NOISE IN CAB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2020 :  07:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So we have a few of our new BB visions making a turbo style wine inside the cab of the bus. It is annoying as hell. You can make it do it just by going over a slight incline and stepping on the fuel at low speed. all are cummins diesel. the only thing I can find is that the bellows from air cleaner to hood some look smushed down. the sister bus next to it has kinda of a bend upwards in boot on 1 edge. BB shows minus 4 in stock. So before I pull off sister and smush it and have 2 in my yard that howl like a coyote I was hoping to hear if anyone else has experienced this. And what you did to fix.

Dchandler18

5 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  6:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dchandler18's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check your CAC boots and clamps. We have had a few that been loose on our fleet, making same sound as you described.
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2020 :  03:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for tip . I tightend up everything Only thing I could find I was able to put a turn on V clamps on turbo howl still there. One of these days I will find it.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2020 :  04:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have a similar issue but it was the wire for the antenna center mount on roof the cable bounces around making a nose on frt. bulkhead

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  10:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FOUND IT.
The body bracket is hitting the turbo pipe and has worn a hole through silver heat protectant and also went through turbo pipe.. Look in from side of motor and you will see it. we cut off 2 inches of bracket and installed new pipe.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000