Need a reman head where can I go ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2019 :  10:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We have a 2005 IC FE300 with a DT466 with egr . We had a driver overheat her bus . We were getting coolant in the cylinders so the head was sent out for repairs . There were some cracks and the machine shop wants 2500 to redo the head . I think that's kind of high so I called Jasper and they don't have any heads . Is this too high or is there somewhere else I can go ? Thnaks

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2019 :  10:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they can't fix cracks don't believe them, just get one from the dealer our cost is is around 2500$ then its all new no issues
If I rebuild an engine I always replace head with new, by the time you get the old head checked then install seats,seals, springs and lap your valves your at the cost of a new head with labor,parts, down time job space, and it is quicker

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2019 :  10:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I called Jasper and our local International dealer and nobody has a reman head any where in the 50 states .So a new head ? Tell me more ?
Go to Top of Page

Gearbox

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2019 :  12:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Gearbox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We have an 05 that we are getting rid of, has a bumpstick on the way out.
Has a good cylinder head.
Contact shop foreman for details.
Scott @ Yelm School District
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000