Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Questions about diamond logic builder software
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2019 :  12:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi did anyone here using diamond logic builder software ? why it doesnot show all the voltage value except battery voltage? for instance, ICP voltage: NA... especially I want to know IDM main power, logic power ...when bus is running, please help, Thanks!

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2019 :  02:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dlb works best with key off and will only show body controller input and outputs
IDM testing voltage you would need a breakout box or tap into wiring and have your multi meter inside to watch readings

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2019 :  06:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bluenozer, so DLB is pretty much useless for IDM testing, I saw they are using Autoenginuity to get voltage reading for Ford FICM, there is nothing can do with international? I donot have breakout box and donot want to break into wiring, any idea to test IDM on bench?
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2019 :  09:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
testing on bench with out the bench harness from IH it could be done , but holy!
I would tap into the powers and grounds to IDM (just hack into them and do it good(heat shrink ,blah,blah)and when your done just tape up your added test harness out of the way (quicker then bench) and this way all the outputs of IDM are engaged

Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2019 :  5:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually I already took IDM off the bus, so think it might easier to test it... but I donot have any bench harness as you said.... I did open it, all the diode, resistors... no ideas what's going on there and didnot see anything obvious crack....
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2019 :  02:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
same bus as other post?
So i assume IDM is programmed and still have same issue as before you bought the IDM off of E-Bay
If the above statement is true then your issue lies in chassis wiring

Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2019 :  4:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, same bus as other post. I did buy one IDM from E-bay, but it was never working yet because it need program, that why I was asking how to program IDM at other post. Now the old IDM in front of me, I want to find out what's wrong, it might can be fixed. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2019 :  4:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didnot get any answer about how to program the new IDM from ebay, I put the new IDM, the bus doesnot start, that why think about fix the old one.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2019 :  09:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only thing that i ever done to IDM is replace the board and had IH dealer hook up( they do not charge us anything to do since we buy all parts from them ) but i think that repair does not need programming not sure though
wish you had a sister bus to swap parts between to ensure the defect is in the IDM or in the chassis

Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2019 :  1:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HI Bluenozer, replace bottom board for IDM doesnot need programming for sure, I tried already, replace with dorman 904-229, just plug and play, unfortunately, My IDM problem is not that board part, it still keep shutting down... just looks working a little bit longer:) shout off after whole day running instead half day before:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000