New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2019 :  05:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok guys wht is the correct wording for the scr system what i mean is in a 2014 c2 for example are they called the first one cloese to engine is that called a doc or a scr catalist filter and the second one is that an scr catalist filter or dpf

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2019 :  06:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In order DOC, DPF, long tube w/doser is decomposition reactor, and lastly the SCR. The NOX inlet sensor is right behind the turbo and the outlet is at the end of the SCR can. If your unit has one more in the outlet pipe that is the particulate sensor.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  04:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most of mine had the nox sensor behind turbo then the what i figured was the doc then the doser then what i been calling is the dpf then the outlet nox sensor and i thought the hole system was called the SCR systemami wrong on that?
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  06:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll tell you what I think, it's a mess. Who would have thought we'd be at this point only a few years ago. The machines on the road today are all going to be junk in 15 years. It's a waste of time, money and resources.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  06:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

Who would have thought we'd be at this point only a few years ago. The machines on the road today are all going to be junk in 15 years.

If you had told me in 1999 "Hey, you're going to have Diesel Exhaust Fluid on your new bus!", I'd have filed that info along with blinker fluid and muffler bearings. And here we are.

I wish to correct the latter part of your statement. The machines on the road today are already junk.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  07:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats y we are going to gas buses the diesel buses are junk now the gas is much checper to maintane diesel fuel is more expense and the gas engine is not that much worse on fuel mileage the bolted on way to much "technology" on the diesel engine killed them
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2019 :  1:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't agree more! While I agree that this extra emissions stuff is actually working, it isn't cost effective one bit. I have noticed way less fumes in the garage, but it corrodes, is cheaply built, and just a pain on the computer side of things. Tolerances are so tight that any little deviance and it throws a code. We had a NOx sensor go bad and the bus went into limp home mode; the bus is 4 years old. We bought the extended warranty for our emissions stuff so we had to tow the bus to the dealer. The sensor was so corroded inside the SCR, the dealer replaced the whole SCR system free of charge. I hate to see what happens when our warranty runs out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000