Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Sill need help for 2007 DT466 shut off randomly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2019 :  6:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, still cannot find out what's problem with 2007 international DT466 shut off by itself just like turn key off, and it doesnot restart right away, engine light came out when restart, but if you unplug IDM relay and plug back later, it will start like nothing happened, replace new IDM harness up to relay to prevent dirty power,no connector near starter and change to maxi fuse, is sill happened same thing, is that possible IDM faulty? How can I check if IDM gone? Please help, Thanks

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  02:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen cam sensors cause issues like this and not log a code

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  04:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry, Bluenozer, forgot mention that just replace new cam sensor and crank sensor, didnot solve the problem.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  06:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got a sister bus bus where you could borrow idm and try, but if the idm is no good it shouldn't start or run like poo
sounds like a power issue still , could a bad under the valve cover harness cause this( shorting when oil gets hot-like an old Series 60) , does this happen minutes after start up, or driving for a bit( engine upto temp.)

Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  06:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just read your first post answered some of my questions
check battery cables (often overlooked) for tightness and condition
try an IDM form sister bus then you'll know if its the IDM or wiring in chassis

Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bluenozer, Thank you so much for reply, it act like when bus start warm, but few times it happened only drive 10 minutes after start in the morning, it just shut off without any warning light, most times happened when stop at traffic light, few times happened even driving on highway, engine just quit, some times you can restart right way, but most times engine light came out when you try to restart, ofcause, it doesnot restart when the engine light came out. it's been towed back few times until I learned how to by pass relay to jump start bus, and few times it doest even restart when I jump the wiring. We run the new power feed wring from battery to relay which is pin 30 and 86, it's still happened same, guess problem from relay pin 87 and 85 up to IDM, pin 87 should be IDM main power, how the pin 85 works with IDM? looks problem from there... Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000