Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2007 international DT466 shut down randomly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  5:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DT466 shut down when close to stop, sometime happened while driving, no engine light warning, when restart, engine light came on, code 525 and 534 which IDM relay voltage low and IDM fault, incorrect CKP signal fault sometime came out too, changed IPR, ICP sensor, CMP sensor, and FICM bottom part, none of them helps, looks electric problem, not really sure, please help! Thanks!

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  03:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the idm relay gets it power from that battery cable with the two 3 prong plugs i would check that harness from batteries to firewall , problem is probably at the plugs by starter

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  03:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluenozer

the idm relay gets it power from that battery cable with the two 3 prong plugs i would check that harness from batteries to firewall , problem is probably at the plugs by starter

Either that or the relay itself.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  04:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Bluenozer and RonF said. The only thing I would add is that the fuse holders themselves have been problematic as well.
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  5:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys, here are more information, let the bus idling this morning and I unplug IDM relay, wiring pin 30 to pin 87 to be able to do voltage drop, actually pin 30 to battery positive was keeping 0.15 voltage for more than 20 minutes, and keep 5.95 to 6.05Amp,so I guess my battery cable to IDM relay are OK, then I plug IDM relay back for another half hours, bus shut down, it looks like bus doesnot want to keep idling more than an hour:) few second, engine light came out, of cause it doesnot restart right way,I guess the fault code should be IDM relay voltage low, I unplug relay, wiring pin 30 to pin 87 again, it get spark, but guess what?,it start right away, and I replug relay again, it works, it looks the spark helps current went through, why? I just want to find out the reason. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000