Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Slow throttle response
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TRex

89 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  1:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit TRex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have a 2012 MaxxForce 215 HP DT. When cold there is little or no throttle response from the engine. I am able to watch the accel pedal response with NED's. When cold ECM reads pedal going past 27% before engine RPM starts to move off idle. No codes, fuel pressure with mech gauge is 100psi. Once its gets to temp problem goes away. Have an EPA 07 DT doing the same thing. Ideas? Thanks

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  10:11:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did the buses just started doing this or always did it from new
1.if they just started did you try new tps sensor or peal assembly?
2.if they did it from new could it be something in programming , like engine protection for a cold engine or something like that ( if it goes wide open(rpm) after 27% then it shouldn't programming)

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  05:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would start by monitoring boost pressure and seeing what that's doing on both units. Especially on the 07 DT, make sure the VGT linkage is free. I've seen some of these stuck cold and free up as the turbo gets hot.
Go to Top of Page

TRex

89 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2019 :  06:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit TRex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On the 07 the VGT is free. On the 2010 we have not tried a new pedal. Only because I can see the throttle response on the the diag software (NED's) but it be worth a try. the 2010 only does it cold. Is good rest of day.
Go to Top of Page

Crown

89 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2019 :  10:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be a failing or plugged-up MAP sensor. These don't always show a code.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000