Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 C2 Heater Resistor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

William Jones

2 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2019 :  04:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit William Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an 12 model C2. The blower motor in the dash is blowing slowly out of the vents. I checked cabin filter and it was somewhat dirty not to terribly bad. As soon as I removed the fan blows really hard in the dash, but still no change in blower speed at vents. It doesn't matter the position of mode switch it stays the same speed. Blend Door works like it should as well. Is there something I'm missing??

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  10:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There are two blend doors one for temp and one for airflow direction. temp is mounted by cabin filter and the direction door is up top left corner. Do you get a ratcheting noise when you first key on the unit? Door control servos go bad often just several plastic gears inside.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  10:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pop the back off of fan and you'll find green in the circuit board
from your story the blend door is working and the temp. door
the fan is just not changing speeds if this is correct then it should be a fan it is in default (like an old ford and the fan will work on high only)

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000