08 IC bus quit won't start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  1:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ihave a 08 CE 300 with a dt 466 .Last week the driver got her bus going and left it idling to meet with our supervisor . Bus quit . Wouldn't restart . We have been having issues with the bad filter light coming on . So I replace the filters and bus wouldn't start . I primed until felt resistance . So I checked codes and there were a lot .Cleared them and tried again .I think the fuel pump is gone and want anoter opinion . When I checked pressures with my NED it said I had 1 psi from the pump . The hpop it would say 1200 then 700 then 400 and back up .I think it was the ipr would say 900 . Could it be both a HPOP and lift pump ? Thanks

forbushd

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2019 :  05:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can speak for here is IPR, which seems normal to me. From what you're saying, fuel pump seems to be the issue here.

Before I started working here, I drank, smoked, and used foul language for no reason at all. But, thanks to my job, I now have a reason.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2019 :  04:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
replaced lift pump and bus is going again .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000