Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 blue bird brake light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dnash

8 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2019 :  11:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit dnash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe you could help me trouble shoot this . It’s a 2009 Blue Bird was brought in for a PM and found it has no brake lights, checked all wires, both air act brake switches were bench tested and are good and fuse and relay are good. I have no power from the BCM to the signal side of the relay when the brake is applied. I can bypass the signal wire to hot and the lights come on. So all wires from the relay to the lights is ok. When brake pedal is pushed I have power thru the air switch to the BCM. But no power comes out of the BMC to the relay. I replaced this BCM less then a year ago, but have checked everything else I could think of. Seams like it should be a very simple fix, switch, power light, but its kicking my B-HIND. Tried to move bus forward in the shop and now I get a range interrupt single and the bus will not go into gear. I don’t know for sure but I would think that the Range interrupt and the brake light signal work off the same switch(gate) Only thing I don’t know is how to verify the BCM is doing its thing. Any thoughts?

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2019 :  07:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WE had one newer than this that had a relay problem. Changed relay and worked OK. It did not have any brake lights and would not shift as you said.It almost has to be the brake light relay.On out latest bus it's R36 in the electrical locker.
ED
Go to Top of Page

dnash

8 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2019 :  11:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit dnash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eshover

WE had one newer than this that had a relay problem. Changed relay and worked OK. It did not have any brake lights and would not shift as you said.It almost has to be the brake light relay.On out latest bus it's R36 in the electrical locker.
ED

Go to Top of Page

dnash

8 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2019 :  11:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit dnash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks eshover, Ya that's what I was thinking as well, the relay checks out good, but I have no power from the PDM to the relay on the AA-109A wire. when the brake is applied. I can bypass the relay and get brake lights. but still get a range inhibit light and no shift out of neutral. Im thinking the problem is in the PDM. I have a sister bus with the same PDM I will switch it out and hope this fixes the problem. ill let you know.
Go to Top of Page

WrenchMonkeyCSISD

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  05:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it's anything like the newer IC's you can have proper brake activation and function, but the actuation signal might be missing. That will throw the range inhibit warning and deny shift from neutral. I'm not familiar with BB so I couldn't tell you if everything comes from the BCM or if there is a sensor on the treadle valve. But it might be a good place to start.
Go to Top of Page

dnash

8 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2019 :  11:36:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit dnash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a heads up. It was a faulty BCM. $800 bucks later I have brake lights again. #$$#@#$ $800 for a brake light switch.........
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2019 :  12:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dnash

Just a heads up. It was a faulty BCM. $800 bucks later I have brake lights again. #$$#@#$ $800 for a brake light switch.........

Why didn't you bypass the circuit?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000