Turn signal switch keep breaking handles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2019 :  10:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have 2 2002 Bluebird Tc 2000 . We have issues with the handles breaking off . The switches in both work hard . We replaced both switches and lubed them up and they are still hard . Has anybody had issues like mine ? If so what have you done ?

40ngone

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2019 :  3:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it is the aluminum handle bluebird uses with a 1/4 inch thread, we fixed those a long time ago. I bought 1/4 inch bolts, I think about 7 inches long. I bought the plastic toggle switch extensions you can buy to stick on a toggle switch. Just cut the hex end off and push on the toggle extension at the length you want.

Now that the handle is steel, I have not had any of these break. I have changed at least 40 over to steel.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2019 :  06:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the mounting point in the "bowl" for lack of a better term all worn out? We've replaced that bowl on all the TCs due to excessive wear and the switches being sloppy or tight or not cancelling or you name it. Part # 2704351 and runs about $60

The bolt idea is the best solution for replacing the handle, that's an overpriced piece of junk. 1496876 runs about $30.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2019 :  07:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for the replies . I just replaced the bowl because only one screw was holding the switch on . That is a very good idea 40ngone.My boss has driven theses two buses and also feels if a driver has to use that much force it could effect the drivers driving
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000