Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 CHILD CHECK ALARM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2019 :  06:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Help! 2018 BB All American AFE bus.I have a child check alarm go off after the driver pushes the rear button. I put in the child check monitor circuit board and it worked a couple times then wouldn't operate correctly this AM.I checked to make sure the rear push button was working and it is. Anyone else have another issue on this model bus?
I have unhooked the batteries to see if it would reset the computer but that didn't help. It is an intermittent problem not always not working.
Thanks for any help.
ED

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2019 :  09:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Faintly remember having a wire come off above entrance door or chaffed wire and grounding out. just cant remember what was the exact issue . switch on entrance door. or you have a scc horn relay that's bad and reversing power. would be my guess
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  03:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You ever figure this out ???
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2019 :  10:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did not get it figured out. I changed the monitor again with another sister bus. No change. I changed the BCM from the other bus, no change. I tried to seal up and dry out the electrical system compartment, no change. checked wires near the door and above electrical panel, No change. It is at the BB dealership shop right now as I have NO idea what else to do. When I find out what it is I will let you know.
Thanks,
ED
Go to Top of Page

Chathambus

4 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2019 :  02:19:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are having a similar issue with a 2yr old IC. The last thing we did was cleaned the connection at a diode and so far that seems to be where the issue was. It's been 6-8 weeks now. Odd duck
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2019 :  04:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  08:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I retired from the bus garage in July but the BB dealer called me and said they couldn't pinpoint the location but a wire was pinched some where between the rear switch and monitor so they ran a new wire from front to back. Better them than me.
ED
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000