New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  07:23:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys have a question we purchased a few new internationals with the gas motor and they wanna no if i wanna go to the class and factory tour in tulsa i been there before about i think 7 years ago and am wondering if its the same or if the course has changed basically is it worth going again and have u guys been to it

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 05/09/2019 07:24:11 AM

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  10:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been to it and to be honest at the time I was fairly new to buses I would say it was middle of the road as far as training goes , although I think now I would go with a lot more questions about certain diagnostics and systems that would benefit me greatly being able get answers to questions I have after working on them roughly 5 years now . Some of the classes were a waste of time , some were not , I believe they do have a next step up in classes after the initial ic university training that may be where you want to go if you have already been to these tulsa classes , I happened to find out looking at a paper on the foremans desk and asked about going .
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  12:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeahi will have to look into it i remember wheni went some of the stuff was like u said a waste butsome was helpful just wondering if its worth a 6 hour flight lol will look intothe next step up classes. i think they just asked because we bought some buses and we usually get thomas buses

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 05/09/2019 12:38:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  12:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

yeahi will have to look into it i remember wheni went some of the stuff was like u said a waste butsome was helpful just wondering if its worth a 6 hour flight lol will look intothe next step up classes. i think they just asked because we bought some buses and we usually get thomas buses

I've never been (and don't own an IC) but if they are paying for it then I'd go. Never a bad idea to learn more.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  12:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hear ya but i dont think they are payin for flight still tryin to find out the details. also like i said if its the same material long way to go forthe same material

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 05/10/2019 12:30:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  12:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IC bus seven years ago; No gas engines, no propane engines, no Cummins, no stability controls, no Procision trans option, complete change in hydraulic brake system.....

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  12:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mic drop lol
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2019 :  05:33:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What has been said is correct, IC will not pay for your travel. You might see if your dealer will. I guess it would depend on how badly they want/need your business. Fleet size would be the deciding factor, I suppose.
Go to Top of Page

jmeyer92

19 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2019 :  08:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit jmeyer92's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was really hoping to go, got offered it by my boss.... Then when I told him I for sure could, he came back and said that they couldn't send me due to financial constraints :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000