Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2013 C2 BUS WINDOW BUZZERS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  1:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello have this 2013 freightliner school bus with no window buzzers. The rear door rear buzzer is working. Have to admit that I have done a lot with the ic buses but never had a issue with one of these. Not sure where to start since not sure where the buzzer is or where the signal feed from the window switch's feed to. I have our local dealer getting me a wiring diagram but thought someone here probly has a good handle on how these ones work. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  2:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any experience with Thomas buses that new. However on a Bird I would look for the front buzzer being bad. At least that's the way mine are hooked up.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  2:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The front buzzer is mounted underneath the side switch panel cabinet. If you remove the plastic kick panel down by the driver's left foot you can see the two wires on the back side of the buzzer. One easy way to test the front buzzer is to shut down the bus before setting the parking brake. It should sound the buzzer until the brake is set or the dash goes to sleep. I've had to replace a few over the years.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  3:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think you have a blown fuse, probably caused by a bare wire somewhere. Not that hard to find.
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  09:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Buster 133 you got it right on. I figured someone out there had of dealed with this system. Key off park brake off buzzer should go off, no it did not. After you wrote that I do remember that as a standard procedure for these buses. We removed panel and the round buzzer is right there .It is not working and have one coming tomorrow. Thanks for helping out you were dead on and reduced time spent locating problem greatly. Thanks Roger.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000