New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  12:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have to install stop arm cameras just wondering if u guys have ever install these where do u mount them and mor important how u running the wires cant figure out how i am gonna run the wiring there is no access to anything on the sides of the bus and i dont wanna just drive a hole and leave the wire exposed on the inside

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  2:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good question. I normally put my outside cameras above the window. I know they would be better below the windows. Looking forward to other's responses.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  2:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What brand of bus are you installing these onto? If you're working on C2's I can think of two different mounting locations on the side that should be easy enough to run cables to.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  04:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are 2013 thru 2016 c2
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  04:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was thinkin about 5 ft back from the stop sign just above the second rub rail and run the wire under the rub rail
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  07:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have run them facing forward above the passenger windows and floor level ahead of rear wheels with wire in heater hose channel. Floor level forward facing are seldom clean enough to get good picture.
We also have some below the drivers window facing rearward which has proven to give us the most reliable view of the license plate. This is easy to accomplish on a C2. On our C2s they are mounted about 8.5" in front of the side sheet lap joint ahead of stop arm and between the rub rails about 1" below the top one.
If your state does not require front plates, rear ward facing is likely the only choice.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 03/07/2019 07:31:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  09:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so basically just below the drivers window and inbetween the stop arm and mirror bracket i am in jersey so we have front plates i made the arguement that cars are here from other stats with only rear plates but i was over ruled and i have to face it forward
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  09:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

so basically just below the drivers window and inbetween the stop arm and mirror bracket i am in jersey so we have front plates i made the arguement that cars are here from other stats with only rear plates but i was over ruled and i have to face it forward

In Iowa we have front plates also. So far, the rear facing under the drivers window is the only one I have confidence in to actually be able to read the plate number.
Can you have two cameras? If so put rearward facing under drivers window and a forward facing near rear of C2 bus just below drip rail and run wire in channel above passenger windows.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  10:13:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a provision system which only lets u have three cameras we gonna try this one and see how it goes i am going to recommend one that can handle more this is our demo trial and error
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  10:15:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i mounted it just below the drivers window facing forward not happy about location but going to drive around
then view video and see what it looks like
Go to Top of Page

wwinters

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  06:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We mount ours on the side door (International and Bluebird) which is toward the front of the bus from stop sign. I have them adjusted so they catch the very bottom of sign and license plate on vehicle passing. works pretty good
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  07:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our board has put camera buses on trouble areas (not pupils but for red light violations) taking people to court had video footage of them approaching, passing and kept going , the footage also had their plates and their faces ( one looked right at camera) and we never seen a conviction ever
As a kid I watched my friend get run over as he exited the bus he lived but paralyzed from waist down, it makes me sick that people don't see 40 feet of yellow junk with lights everywhere flashing
Average daily red violation I would say over 5 (morning and afternoon combined)
our cameras are mounted 2 on rear of bus, two on left side of bus(frt. and back) one out front and two interior cameras (I have none here at my shop so i cant't tell you the make) some are Sd card types and some are hard drive type

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  09:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have the provision 200 series windshield mount which show out the windshield and into the bus but its not that great after like row 5 or 6 and we have or i am adding a stop arm camera the one i did already is actually not thst bad i put it under the drivers window right infront of the stop are it gets u a really good shot of the plate and the driver but think we have to up grade to units that alway more then just three cameras but it will work for now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000