Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Ricon lifts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2019 :  10:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard about Ricon lifts not being federally approved to be installed in new buses? A sales guy for our local Thomas dealer was saying that they can only install Brauns because of a roll stop issue on Ricons and not meeting federal standards. I cant find anything online about it and just looked at a Blue Bird that had a Ricon in it.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2019 :  11:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we got 6 2019 Bluebirds all with Ricon lifts in them , all of our buses have Ricon lifts in them
but I never heard of this issue
roll stop not sure what is meant but its just a simple switch and programming on the bus
if its for the maxi being on when lift is turned on by driver and some buses maxi up when the door is opened(I guess i should say with lift door open maxi can not be released

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

40ngone

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2019 :  11:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like something a Braun Lift salesman would say.

I have always preferred the Braun lift over the Ricon.

It is the details that matter.

Edited by - 40ngone on 03/07/2019 09:01:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2019 :  11:53:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, I thought it was a sounding a little off. I think the roll stop issue has to do with a test that is done, but i'm not sure.
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2019 :  1:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we got about 6 this past year with ricon in our BB also.
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  5:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We cannot buy a Ricon Lift at present due to manufacturing problems. Since Ricon went public they have really cut the quality of their product trying to cut costs. This last year we purchased Ricon Titanium lifts due to the heavier wheel chairs we load. The lifts are literally falling apart. Very poor product. Not what they used to be. We have a mix of Braun and Ricons. About equal numbers, over 80. Braun lift in my opinion is a much better lift. Easier to maintain. Braun does it right, has great customer service. I have been factory trained in both Ricon and Braun. At present Id go only with Braun.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  07:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had one Ricon lift and we recently had it replaced with a Braun. 5 years old and we had so many problems with it that we were able to financially justify spending the money on a Braun.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000