Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  09:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Repstock

Jake, I just might have to make you a partner on this.

Thats fine and this all seems like a very good idea. But really, I don't know a whole lot about models or modeling kits... however I'd love to help out as much as I can otherwise. I would also suggest you to talk to Ted though as well (SuperiorGMC1963, original poster)... if he ever reads this thread again, I'm sure he'd be willing to help out. He has his own (impressive) line of model buses that hes made out of cardstock and he also has a wide area of knowledge of buses from the 70s and earlier.

http://community.webshots.com/user/SuperiorGMC1963?vhost=community
Go to Top of Page

Repstock

12 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Repstock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess the place to start would be to somehow find a "favorite" front end and bus body. I know everybody has a favorite but I wonder if a poll could be taken to find a 1967-77 combination that would have the widest appeal.

I think everyone would be happier with a "real" bus rather than some generic design.

I really don't need help with the modeling portion, but I could use a great deal of help determining a subject, and obtaining as detailed as possible references for it.

The reference for the Superior I made was a combination of a bus I found in a junkyard, and a (quite nice) Superior brochure. Someone also donated copied sheets from a Superior parts catalog.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  3:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here we go:

Click here to vote for your favorite body/chassis combo from 1967-1977!

I'll run the poll for a week and then announce the results here. Thank you all for voting!

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!

Edited by - Jake on 04/14/2011 3:09:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

bigredmachine

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  5:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm excited about this project. I don't think the one-piece molds will be too noticeable when the bus is all put together. I think it is a fine trade off to keep costs lower. You won't have any trouble finding references around here. There are tons of photos online and a ton of literature as well. I've never seen an actual accurate school bus model with the exception of the international/wayne road champs die-cast from the 90s. That thing sure got a lot of use when I was a kid...

Lets hope this poll isn't ruined by people voting multiple times...you know how it gets around here sometimes

Formerly BlueBirdMan
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  5:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigredmachine

Lets hope this poll isn't ruined by people voting multiple times...you know how it gets around here sometimes

I put an IP tracer on the poll. One vote per computer per ISP.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasIC

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  5:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasIC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you always have to trace our ip jake, its makes me think your a stalker and it scares me.

COMMING SOON GOLDEN TRANSPORTATION. Link: http://www.goldentransportationrp.smfnew.com/index.php?action=forum
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  5:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThomasIC

Do you always have to trace our ip jake, its makes me think your a stalker and it scares me.

The poll is hosted by Polldaddy.com, I do not have access to any IP information. An "IP Tracer" makes sure that the same IP does not vote twice, its used everywhere. And if you'd like to be technical, your IP can be viewed by any website you decide to visit.

http://www.viewmyip.com/

James, Please do not try to start problems where none exist. There was no problems on this forum before you started falsely accusing people and lying. If you desire to continue this conversation, I will be notifying the administrators here.

*Also, please reply with what you decide to vote for! We'd love to hear the reasons you picked a specific combo.

Edited by - Jake on 04/15/2011 5:44:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

bigredmachine

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  8:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

^Exactly why I was wondering if the poll was "secured"

I picked the Bluebird/Loadstar combo..just personal preference.

Formerly BlueBirdMan
Go to Top of Page

overbyja

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  9:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also went with the IHC/BB combo. This is what the company I work for was mainly running during this time period. I also chose this because it would be the easiest to modify to a modern bus due to the fact that Bluebirds body design is basically still the same, with the exception of the rear door and that pesky fixed rear window.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  9:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

The poll is secured. However, your IP information is recorded by every website you visit. Who hands it goes into, you'll never know. Websites such as google and Amazon.com collect and store IP information in a vast database and trace them with what websites you visit to help "give you better advertisements that you may be interested in". Forums, such as School Bus Fleet.com, and other websites, have IP recording software to protect their forums and for identification purposes. Forums collect IP information so that if a user is a spammer or a offender, they can be banned.

An IP address cannot realistically be traced to a house, it traces to your Internet Service Provider. So pretty much, all an IP address is, is an unique identification number for your device for accessing the internet. You cannot disable your IP, you can only mask it. However, there are virtually no free solutions, most free masking software contains trojan horses and spyware.

The reason I'm being accused is for my affiliation with operating a forum where (said member) was registered and engaged in destructive behavior. His IP address was banned, and therefore, apparently I'm a bad person for banning his IP address from my website. I'm not going to comment on this situation, he knows what he did and he knows why he won't be allowed back into my website.

Back on topic...

Edited by - Jake on 04/15/2011 9:43:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

ThomasIC

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  09:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasIC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jake

quote:

The poll is hosted by Polldaddy.com, I do not have access to any IP information. An "IP Tracer" makes sure that the same IP does not vote twice, its used everywhere. And if you'd like to be technical, your IP can be viewed by any website you decide to visit.

James, Please do not try to start problems where none exist. There was no problems on this forum before you started falsely accusing people and lying. If you desire to continue this conversation, I will be notifying the administrators here.

*Also, please reply with what you decide to vote for! We'd love to hear the reasons you picked a specific combo.

Not trying to make a statment, freedom of speech, i have a right to say that. The conversation is over about this, i don't think i need to say more. I don't want to fight either.

COMMING SOON GOLDEN TRANSPORTATION. Link: http://www.goldentransportationrp.smfnew.com/index.php?action=forum

Edited by - ThomasIC on 04/16/2011 09:19:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  09:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Not trying to make a statment, freedom of speech, i have a right to say that. The conversation is over about this, i don't think i need to say more. I don't want to fight either.

And freedom of speech for me to post a liability protecting myself from your false claims and accusations. You know what you did and you know why you are not allowed on my forums and you need to move on instead of harassing me about it.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasIC

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  09:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasIC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I said its fine, conversation over.

Go to Top of Page

corbeil636

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  09:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NO, you're just extremely butthurt.

Lakeview RP. The only Canadian-based school bus role play game on the web!
http://lakeviewtransportation.isgreat.org/index.php
Go to Top of Page

ThomasIC

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  09:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasIC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope, just don't want to start a fight.

Go to Top of Page

corbeil636

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  09:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you sort of did. If you did your research instead of being an ignorant moron, you would have known that anyone can find your IP address and no one is "stalking" you.

Lakeview RP. The only Canadian-based school bus role play game on the web!
http://lakeviewtransportation.isgreat.org/index.php
Go to Top of Page

bigredmachine

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  10:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

The poll is secured. However, your IP information is recorded by every website you visit. Who hands it goes into, you'll never know. Websites such as google and Amazon.com collect and store IP information in a vast database and trace them with what websites you visit to help "give you better advertisements that you may be interested in". Forums, such as School Bus Fleet.com, and other websites, have IP recording software to protect their forums and for identification purposes. Forums collect IP information so that if a user is a spammer or a offender, they can be banned.

An IP address cannot realistically be traced to a house, it traces to your Internet Service Provider. So pretty much, all an IP address is, is an unique identification number for your device for accessing the internet. You cannot disable your IP, you can only mask it. However, there are virtually no free solutions, most free masking software contains trojan horses and spyware.

The reason I'm being accused is for my affiliation with operating a forum where (said member) was registered and engaged in destructive behavior. His IP address was banned, and therefore, apparently I'm a bad person for banning his IP address from my website. I'm not going to comment on this situation, he knows what he did and he knows why he won't be allowed back into my website.

Back on topic...

Jake, my reply wasn't about the poll, but about the people who would abuse it, if you know what I'm getting at.

Overbyja, You make a good point. I wonder if the model could be made to have a different back sections? There could be the older, rounded, fixed window style and then the newer style. I would imagine the main body could be made to accept both.

Formerly BlueBirdMan

Edited by - bigredmachine on 04/16/2011 10:21:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  10:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, sorry. Yeah I understand, its hard to interpret what somebody means online. Its just a shame that for once we have something going for us and several people decide to come in and ruin it.. we'll be migrating over to the new topic for further posts.
Go to Top of Page

87WayneInternationalS1800

12 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  12:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nope, just don't want to start a fight.

then u really shouldn't say anything to start with
Go to Top of Page

Repstock

12 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  10:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Repstock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those who may be interested, I've started a GMC New Look bus (Fishbowl) in 1/25 scale that is to be cast in resin. All the windows except the windshield will have to be opened up. We're keeping it simple to make it more affordable. What you'll be paying for is as accurate a body (and windshield) as I can make. A starting point for something more detailed.
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  05:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like those miniature models of buses. I wonder where I can find it? Planning to buy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000