New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

poor_driver

162 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  2:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have about 32 of those wayne internationals made by "road champs" all numbered. Also have som of those country singer buses and i had about 70 hotwheels matchbox buses...overall though i like the waynes the best but i'm always looking....i hope to find someone to make a model of a thomas ford from the 70's on up and of thomas dodge from 1974
Go to Top of Page

David Knight

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  09:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a "fleet" of 17 1/54 scale buses consisting of Thomas Built Promos of the Saf-T-Liner transit style in both the old and new HDX versions. Some of the HDX have white tops, some are the standard yellow. In addition, the fleet includes 5 SIKU Freightliner/Thomas FS65 conventionals. I sprayed the top of the most recent (#17) white carefully masking off the area to be painted. It is stunning. I number each bus using model railroad transfer numbers which I then seal with clear coat. Lined up these buses look like the real bus yard. As Mae Wast (before your time) once said, "Too much of a good thing is not enough." The Thomas Promos I get from Sonny Merryman Bus Sales in Rustburg, VA. Call Dean Farmer (800)533 1006 X 308. The SIKU models I get from Toys for Collectors. These too are excellent replicas. I have just ordered from Sonny Merryman a model of the new Thomas C2. The Promos are out. The real buses go into production this summer at the new plant in High Point NC. Good luck with your fleet.

David H. Knight
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  6:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I started one today. I went to get my car washed, and in the reception area they were selling these:

The were only $3.00 so I bought a couple of them. Its a decent knockoff Blue Bird International S-1700 style.
As you can see, I've already started modding one of them by adding the lower rubrail and the BB streamer using black eletrical tape.
I eventually would like to do this to them:

Are there any companies that make school bus logos for models? And what would be the best way to get the lettering off that came with bus? It seems to be painted on.

Edited by - GMCBlueBird83 on 01/12/2004 6:47:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  7:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have a few of those, yes they are painted on. I'm not sure of the best way to get them off, might just try and repaint the whole shell, and if that doesnt work they're so cheap you can just easily buy another lol

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  8:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here are a couple I made last year. They are about 1 foot 6 inches long. Everything opens on them. They are about 3 pounds each!! I even made visors for them and seats inside with emergency exit instructions. The flash was on, so it made it look a little weird.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 01/12/2004 8:45:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  5:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nail polish remover should work for removing the black lettering. If not, move up to acetone (nail polish remover is diluted acetone)...that's what got the black spray paint off of "SCHOOL BUS" on my bus. Just have PLENTY of ventilation!

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  12:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What do you think about my models?
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  05:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think they're very detailed to be so big, great bus models!

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  07:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like your bus models.

BTW, what is Alan Haggai's email address at Thomas?

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  07:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
His email is, Allan.Haggai@ThomasBus.com

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

CrownBus1
Top Member

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  11:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any 'real' school bus models (like the Thomas or Blue Bird models, for instance), but I have about 65 toy buses (not just school buses, but transit buses as well) that I have collected over the course of about 8 years. I bought most of them at toy stores or Wal Mart but some of them (like the Laidlaw foam stress relief bus) were given to me. Most of them don't have numbers, but I have numbered a few of them.

Bus 1
1985 Crown
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  02:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BusMan06

There are most of my buses
http://www.geocities.com/wardfordschoolbus/buswall.html?1072238118630
Anybody ever build buses out of legos? How do they turn out? I once built a 3 ft. long one. It had working steering, and an air operated jacknife door. Took a few weeks to figure out how to get that to work, but I managed, it weighed a lot, but was fun.

I used the wheels for my '96, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Tmac0384
Advanced Member

USA
375 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  06:30:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tmac0384's Homepage  Send Tmac0384 an AOL message  Send Tmac0384 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i have about 30-40 little school buses in my personal collection! as much as i love them, i would rather have a real fleet!

sometimes older is way better than new.

some photos of mine: http://community.webshots.com/user/Bus213
(it's a work in progress... tons of photos to come!)
Go to Top of Page

Tmac0384
Advanced Member

USA
375 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  06:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tmac0384's Homepage  Send Tmac0384 an AOL message  Send Tmac0384 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hey BusMan06, very nice collection you have! i have some the same one's you do!

sometimes older is way better than new.

some photos of mine: http://community.webshots.com/user/Bus213
(it's a work in progress... tons of photos to come!)
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  07:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, sense I took that picture, a C2, and Transit-Liner have been added to the fleet

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

72Corsair
Top Member

USA
698 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  4:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im an ameture to this ill show some pics of my fleet as soon as i get this picture thing out on this site
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  5:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 72Corsair

Im an ameture to this ill show some pics of my fleet as soon as i get this picture thing out on this site

Its easy. Just follow these three steps:
1. Start your code string like this but without spaces: [ img ]

2. Next, insert the picture's url which in this case is: http://www.schoolbusenthusiast.com/bus_models_right.JPG

3. And finally, end the code string with this, again without spaces: [ / img ]
and that's it

All this code turns into this, my new Herpa Blue Bird IH Clarkstown buses

Edited by - GMCBlueBird83 on 01/26/2004 5:36:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  5:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow those look very nice!! Great Job!

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  3:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow those look very nice!! Great Job!

Thanks. The Herpa Blue Bird models have great detail. And them being plastic makes it very easy to mod. I'd love to find something similar for the other body manufacturers, especially Thomas. Here's some more pics:

Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  7:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hey busman06

I've e-mail allan haggai but i never heard back them.

Girardin/Blue-Bird are my favorite school buses

http://www.g71bdpt.net

Edited by - Girardin_71 on 01/27/2004 7:24:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  8:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bus_man65

I've e-mail allan haggai but i never heard back them.

Sometimes it takes a while. That happened to me when I e-mailed him last year. If he doesn't respond, just e-mail him again.

Allan.haggai@thomasbus.com

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  03:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What did you email him for?
This is all the more reason they should have an "Online Store"

My Personal Fleet

Edited by - Chris on 01/28/2004 03:20:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  03:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thomas00, this should answer your question: (an email regarding models)
Dear Model Bus Seeker;

Thank you for asking about our new Thomas Saf-T-Liner® type “D” (flat nose) 1/54th scale die cast model bus. Follow the steps below if you would like to purchase our model. It is available all yellow with black side rails, yellow with a white roof, or as an activity bus with a white base color and three color paint scheme in red, dark blue and light blue.

We also have a 1/54th scale die cast model of the new Saf-T-Liner C2 type C school bus. It is yellow with black side rails and a white roof.

Send a money order or cashier’s check payable to Thomas Built Buses, Inc. along with a note describing your request and a complete street address for shipping your model. The price is $20.00 for each model (includes shipping)
Send your request and check to:

Thomas Built Buses, Inc.
P.O. Box 2450
High Point, NC 27261
Attn: Allan Haggai

Your model will be shipped as soon as your check arrives. Expect delivery 2-3 weeks from the time your request is mailed to us.

Thank you!

Allan Haggai
Manager, Marketing and Sales Support

If you emailed him about models, this is all he'll give you...or its all I got out of....about 5 questions I asked

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  08:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i'm going to purchase the C2 and HDX models

It's going to cost $40.00 with shipping.

Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  4:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have emailed him twice now. Is there a catalog that I can order that has all kinds of Thomas gear?

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  4:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
where you order this catalog.

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  6:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes there is a catalog, I didnt order it from Thomas, because they never told me it was available when I asked, I never got a reply. So a friend of mine scanned his and sent it to me. Tomorrow I will scan the order forms, which have descriptions of the items available, then if you have any other questions on items you can email me and I can give you further information. Scanning all the pages would take quite a while. I would do it tonight, but my scanner and computer arent being to cooperative.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  6:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, Blue Bird has their own merchandise too at:
www.bluebirdgear.com
and IC has some at their site:
www.emaginepromo.com/

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  7:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I baught a pin, hat, hooded sweatshirt, and t-shirt from them. I ordered a hat, t-shirt, and a transit liner model from the Thomas catalog. Havent gotten around to getting anything from IC, Im still waiting for their model to come out.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  9:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Same thing I did, lol. Watch out for the UPS truck, b/c they'll leave it on your door step all day in the "Thomas Built Buses" box right after knocking. I like my models, I put them next to my Blue Bird All-American FE bus banks.

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 01/28/2004 9:21:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  12:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I decided to purchase one at a time.

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  3:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Why one at a time?

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  4:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Less money at one time.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  4:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
can you get 1:54th of the Saf-T-Liner EF
and the minotour.

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  4:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92FrdCarp#11

Less money at one time.

thats what I was thinking....no the only buses available are the HDX, Transit-Liner, and the ER, but it looks like an HDX, the older style ER's arent made anymore, and there is the C2

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000