Enter Forum: General Interest
 Superior Body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MongoKen

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2001 :  1:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Send MongoKen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone drove a Superior Body bus? What did you think of them? I think Superior made an excellent body! Please share your experiences (good or bad) Thanks!

"Superior Buses..A Legend of the Past"

Brian M. Babcock
Advanced Member

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2001 :  8:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brian M. Babcock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I drove a few different Superiors', conventionals and the one that was built on a GMC P-30 chassis. I liked them alot. The interiors were all painted in this sorta sea green color combined with traditional green seats which was somewhat of a contrast but OK I guess. The bodys were REALLY tight. As far as I am concerned the only other body that I have EVER driven that was as tight as those were the Wayne bodys. The seats seemed to hold up pretty well too. We didn't half to replace too many seat covers in those as a result of wear or damage.

Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2001 :  10:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MongoKen,
I'm with you on Superior making a great bus body!! Did you know that Mid-Bus is a smaller version of the superior! I had heard that mid- bus made enter into the type c market, but I think it was a rumor. That would be so awesome to have superior back in the School Bus market!!
But I'm now a Blue Bird man! I drove a 2001 Blue Bird conventional the other day and it was a tight built bus!!

Kevin "Blue Bird Rules"

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2001 :  04:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin:

What was the chassis of that Blue Bird? International, GMC or the new Ford IC?

"Blue Birds For Ever!"
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2001 :  09:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bus Boy,
I actually drove both the International and a GMC! I was very impressed how GMC look's!! I think they were the first to have the gages(Speedometer, ect.) up high to see!!

Kevin "Blue Bird Rules"

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2001 :  04:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have never driven a GMC? Outta the two, which one did you like better?

"Blue Birds For Ever!"
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2001 :  6:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I have driven a GMC and a Chevy, but the last GMC I drove was back in the late 80's, I really haven't seen the new look until the other day!! I have always been around International's...lol

Kevin "Blue Bird Rules"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000