Posted - 06/28/2001 :  1:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
go to www.laidlaw.com or aol.com news then search.......laidlaw

MARK R. EGAN

thomasvista2012
Top Member

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2001 :  10:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate Laidlaw, I have nothing to say that it serves them right and its too bad they couldn't be completely liquidated and cease U.S. service.

Go to Top of Page

Phil4747
Top Member

USA
695 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2001 :  03:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Phil4747 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They're not going out of business or anything, they're just filing for Chapter 11 to protect themselves from being sued by creditors while they reorganize. Kind of a "retreat and regroup." They claim that Greyhound and the school bus division will continue operations as poorly as usual, it's just that the holding company has to recover from some bad investments they made.

Go to Top of Page

akabus6

8 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2001 :  03:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy,could i have a field day with this topic,but i'll try to be nice.As a former laidlaw employee,all i can say is what goes around comes around.Even if they state their claiming bankruptcy won't affect Student Services division i am sure it will reflect in their employees pocket somehow.It'll be interesting to see what happens in my town when it comes time for raises and employee incentives this year!Our towns were struggling with a severe driver shortage for the better part of the year,as are other areas,but i'm sure Laidlaw will have a good excuse not to up the ante to draw more drivers.

Go to Top of Page

busguy34

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2001 :  07:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THEY COULD END HAVING TO FILE CHAPTER 7 WHICH MEANS LIQUIDATE,I THINK THE INFO THEY ARE PUTTING OUT IS SO NO ONE JUMPS SHIP,OR CONTRACTS DON'T GET LIFTED

MARK R. EGAN
Go to Top of Page

busguy34

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2001 :  07:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
update go to www.bankrupt.com/laidlaw.txt

MARK R. EGAN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000