School Bus Explorer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

s_adams1

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2001 :  11:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed some photos to School Bus Explorer and got my e-mail returned. Anybody have any idea what's wrong

Edited by - s_adams1 on 06/09/2001 11:48:13 PM

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2001 :  3:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've emailed them some pictures a few times and a couple of times they were returned to me. I guess it was because I was trying to send too many at once so I deleted a few and the email was sent fine. I'd give it a try. Come to think of it. I sent them some last week and I haven't heard back from them yet.

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2001 :  4:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not telling you guys what to do, but I'd send some pics to The School Bus Yard, they really need them...........

Go to Top of Page

WayneLifguard44

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2001 :  4:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well if you read the School Bus Yard Guest Book people said they sent them pictures but they never put them up.

Wayne Lifeguard44 -Tyler
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2001 :  4:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As far as posting some pics on SBYard, I'd rather not. I was directly told by the webmaster himself that they only put the BEST out. So, I have therefore decided that I will send some pics to SBX rather than SBYard. Plus, I think that the SBYard and SBX both have underrated the Gillig. The last picture added to SBYard's Gillig section was in May of 1999. I repeatedly sent them mine, but to no avail. Then I sent them a letter with the same pictures. Since the internet didn't display them in their natural form, I thought they would like to see the originals.

I received an e-mail from SBYard saying that only the best make it to publication, and now, I've quit altogether and am working on The Gillig Transit Coach Archives ( http://www.geocities.com/srosenow_98/Gillig.html )

If you send them pictures, read the "AboutSBX" section. They are starting to shy away from the overrated BlueBird/Thomas frenzy and are now searching for more Gillig/Crown pictures. Since those two were the BEST buses ever built, I'd see why.
And, if you send them via e-mail attachment, wait a while for a reply. It took me two and a half weeks before I got my first reply. Now, it only takes a day or so. Plus, like "Buster133" says, try to cut down on the amount sent at a time. Most e-mails only allow a maximum of 3 to 6 pictures and a total file attachment size of either 1.5 or 2 megs. Yahoo only allows three attachments with a size of no more than 1.5 megs.

I hope this works for you!!

Go to Top of Page

s_adams1

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2001 :  9:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It turns out they got my photos

Go to Top of Page

cyberkotic

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2001 :  4:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Send cyberkotic an AOL message  Send cyberkotic a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like you have a very nice Gillig site. On your movie page you mention "Mr. Holland's Opus." I'm curious, is the 1939 Dodge in the parade bodied by Gillig?

cyberkotic,
http://www.geocities.com/cyberkotic/waynep1.html
Go to Top of Page

s_adams1

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2001 :  09:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anybody's Interested here's the link to those photos I sent to School Bus Explorer

http://busexplorer.com/SchoolBus/Features/CarpenterCounselorCamas.html

Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2001 :  12:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey s_adams1,
That photo you sent to Bus Explorer is a RE not a FE!

Kevin "Blue Bird Rules"

Go to Top of Page

s_adams1

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2001 :  6:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey s_adams1,
That photo you sent to Bus Explorer is a RE not a FE!

Kevin "Blue Bird Rules"

Hey BusBoy,
I know it's an RE not an FE and they're listed as RE's on the thumbnails but for some reason they listed them as FE's on the page.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000