Big Big problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2023 :  11:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2018 All American re. A hose for the power steering rub through on a piece of the frame. We looked at the hose and it is I would say 40 feet long.I am not sure if there is a connector in the middle or not like on another bus I did. This bus has storage compartments that are through. So We cannot see the line is attached to the frame. If it is, we cannot get to those mounts because the storage is 10 feet long.We went to a Napa store, and they thought he could get a connector except it's not a crimp on. So I am desperate for a solution I can see this a 2 or 3 day job

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
463 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2023 :  04:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Try to find a mobile hydraulic repair outfit, to install a splice in the hose preferably in the storage box for rust protection. You may want to contact your local equipment dealer for Bobcats or construction equipment.
Go to Top of Page

40ngone

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2023 :  10:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure about the 2018's, but are you sure there is not a panel that screws to the top of the luggage compartment?

All of the Bluebird rear engines I had with pass through luggage compartments had a panel that screwed upward on the inside of the compartment.

Edited by - 40ngone on 12/07/2023 4:37:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gearbox

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2023 :  8:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Gearbox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
https://www.pirtekusa.com/locations/kent/#
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4543 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2023 :  05:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Second the repair-in-place idea.

Is it possible to abandon and leave the old line in place? That was the method we always used on the old Thomas pushers with steel lines that rusted out. Replaced with a hydraulic hose line, that is.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2023 :  08:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I chatted with a mechanic with blue bird and he kind of said the same thing. We found a coupler, but it isn't working.So looks like the whole line needs replaced
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

214 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2023 :  2:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad we don't have any pushers, and, only five BB's.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000