05 C7 cat no power and oil in fuel maybe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  06:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Came to work and the driver had parked her bus no power. So I pulled the filters. The fuel in them was black and the water separator was full of crap. Test drove bus and at times it would want to go flat and then pickup to smooth out. This morning I came in and bus is back in front of shop. What could I be missing. Haven't talked to the driver nyet

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  08:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the fuel filters are that dirty, look at the air filter. I've seen significant performance problems with dirty air filters.
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  08:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haven't had to work on one of these for a while but I do remember getting oil in to the fuel system. This would be the same as a old ih system with the injectors using HP oil to operate the injectors. . If the o rings fail on a injector or injectors it will push oil into the fuel system and you will see it in the fuel filter. Last one i had trouble with [long time ago] we used after market orings with aftermarket injector replacement, we ended up installing oem cat orings and solved our oil problem. The oil problem was not our original problem at that time. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  11:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's something I was thinking of. Thanks for the advice. I pulled fuel out of the tank and it's black again.Also there is 8 qts of oil gone. I noticed when I changed the filters and ran the bus it only had 10lbs pressure at idle and revved it would be 20 lbs added oil and back up to 50lbs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000