New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raymond47

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  10:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon

I have lost my trigger power (brown with white stripe) for the Ricon wheelchair lift on this 2018 Thomas c2. I looked for a wiring diag in ez wiring without much success. I assume it goes to a module but don’t know which one. I checked out the modules with service link but find no mention of a lift in any of the connectors. I followed the wire to the front and it goes into the main harness under the bus. Any suggestions? I suggested Lake Ontario and a gallon of gas but the boss nixed both toes ideas…. Have a great long weekend and I’m sure when I get back here on Wednesday it wii all be solved for me…hehehe

raymond47

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  10:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grasping at straws…. If I unplug all the connectors at the chassis modules and used the tone generator ie fault finder would I be able to trace the wire back without energizing the whole bus. Too late to try today hence the question for Wednesday
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2022 :  03:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some fun getting the right wire diagram for these C2 busses , I would check the switches there should be on to turn on and off , does the park brake light come on dash when park brake is on, if not check your AMU pack if equipped, if not the wire breaks at the frame where it splits and one goes to the CHM and the other goes to switch on a air line at the foot brake valve or it goes to dash , can't remember right now
the power for wand is controlled by door switches on the door also, and the power should come from the CHM plug C1 on a M2 it would be the trailer plug C1 , and where the harness goes over the frame to the CHM is a bad spot and there is two big P clamps that destroy wires right there also

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2022 :  07:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
found a diagram under door locks , shows the switches on the lift door to the expansion module 2 plug C5C and on plug C3C has pump solenoid trigger his should be located under left panel by drivers seat

Go to Top of Page

raymond47

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2022 :  04:28:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bluenozer

The module by the driver is the switch hub module with the plugs marked p and j. I found the chassis module divided into two parts and the c3plug has a brown wire with white tracer in it. I think that maybe that is what they ment by expansion, just a thought. I will use DTNA to access it and see if is sending out power. Tks for the information, things look a lot better now that I’ve been away from it for a while. I will look for the wiring diagram when in there.
Go to Top of Page

raymond47

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2022 :  09:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great fun
Finally got back to working on this…
Checked trigger wire from lift to chassis module
No corrosion or resistance found
Checked wire from body control module to chassis module
No corrosion or resistance found
Checked wiring harness’s by fuse panels for corrosion and breaks
No problem found
Now the “good”? Part
One of the new techs saw me working with my power probe and asked how it was
So I showed him how it worked
When testing one of the fuses I held the probe on the fuse to show him the screen, normally it’s a touch and move on to the next point
All of a sudden the voltage dropped to 3,
Pulled the fuse and it looked fine
Used an ohm meter and could change the reading by moving the leg on one side
Took it apart and it was broken at the fuseable link and the leg part.
Replaced fuse and all is well
It was a very interesting learning experience

Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2022 :  10:13:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love the power probe and the small fuses from OEM(Freightliner) are known to break there, thanks for the update

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000