Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 T444E IPR problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2coolr4skool

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2021 :  06:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Send 2coolr4skool an AOL message  Reply with Quote
with all the talk of failures with the QLS sensors, it kinda makes me glad i have a few older diesels left.
i have a T444E (2000 AMtran 3800) that is literally eating IPR's like candy, we have replaced all the major components and it is on #6 right now, been in shop for over a month, they put a new one in and it never mad it home(40 miles) they towed it back and put another reman in it and it finally made it home yesterday! about half scared to put it back on route due to the frequency of failures.parts i have replaced include
hpop
cam sensor
ebp sensor
icp sensor
ipr sensor sensor X 6
in the shops defense they did put a new harness on the ipr. but i am just have my doubts on the integrity of this engine. it is a REVIVA reman with 31000 miles on it . they have done an oil sample but still waiting on results. i have also pulled a sample to send to an independent lab for analysis
any thoughts besides hauling it to the scrap yard????

671Fan

47 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2021 :  10:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit 671Fan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our 530E motors absolutely HATED the non factory IPR valves. Pop a factory one in and back to normal.
Go to Top of Page

2coolr4skool

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2021 :  11:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Send 2coolr4skool an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ill see if i can find one available and keep it handy till this one fails, thanks!

Calvin Taber
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2022 :  3:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
does the net of IPR broken every time? you may have some problem on the high pressure oil system,it could be too much pressure or somewhere block, replace other sensor(Cam, Icp...)is not helpful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000