Dumb question about Cummins engines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2021 :  3:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have some 2021 Bluebird visions I think they are 6 .7 engines. After I change the fuel filters . How do prime the system before starting the engine ? Most of the cummins I have worked on had some kind of primer

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2021 :  02:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just fill filters and start and run it at 1200rpm never had an issue, none of our Cummins have a primer from 2010 to the 2021s

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

bucksgarage

17 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2021 :  04:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit bucksgarage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All of my Cummins powered units have a black, triangular shaped primer handle on the side of the fuel filter housing. Unscrew the handle to the left, pump the primer as usual, tighten and fire the engine. Otherwise, Bluenozer has the old school way of doing it that works all the time for me too.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2021 :  09:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and my bad I went out and looked and all of them have a primer lol must overlook them due to the fact old CATS always leaked after using them , then that just meant more work

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2021 :  8:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bucksgarage

All of my Cummins powered units have a black, triangular shaped primer handle on the side of the fuel filter housing. Unscrew the handle to the left, pump the primer as usual, tighten and fire the engine. Otherwise, Bluenozer has the old school way of doing it that works all the time for me too.

You solved my troubles, thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000