Probably been asked about what software to use
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2021 :  1:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We are looking at updating the laptop and getting diagnostic software . My boss is recommending JPRO . We have some cat's and cummins . We are also needing allison and bendix brake programs . This has it all and wondered if anybody has used JPRO and did you like it or not . Could you give specifics about yaa or naaa regarding JPRO

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2021 :  05:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We used JPRO at the last shop I was at. I liked it a lot. Everything is in one place and you can access the OEM software straight from JPRO, as long as you have the subscriptions to the OEM software. One thing I wish we had was Nextstep. I am not familiar with it, but it looked like it could be useful in diagnosing these quirks in these buses, since the manufacturer wiring diagrams and locations are a complete disaster.
And congratulations on your new position! God has a reason for everything.

Edited by - g0ttadrift on 07/16/2021 05:58:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2021 :  11:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.tpxpowersource.com/school-bus-diagnostic-tools-c-128/

We ditched all the OEM software and went with this. They will load all the software for everything you have to include your cars and trucks. You can do most everything with it.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2021 :  05:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JPRO is the best solution for non stealership shops, only with Allison you cant reset filter light but that can be done with the shifter
key on shift from R N R N D N R N AND WITH IH same but foot on brake

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000