New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2021 :  08:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have this c2 with 6.7 1000/2000 series allison trans i got a code 614 with check trans light on i went thru the tree and it said that i have problem with the LRTP torque reduction it shows ass incorrect on allison doc and its sayin its a ecm software issue now i no these things have an issue with the tcm so just for hell of it i tapped on the tcm and the trans light went out i drove it for a bit everything was good so i am thinking tcm is bad so i parked it couple days later i jump in same issue trans light on code 614 and now the range light is on and it wont let me shift this time i tapped on it the range light went out but code 614 and check trans light still on so am not sure if i have a tcm or ecm problem any ideas

TRex

89 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2021 :  3:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit TRex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Swap TCM's if you can. That is likely a GEN 5. Allison is having a lot of trouble with those. We have replaced/sold 4 or 5 in last 6 months. The two Allison places we deal with usually have 5 or 6 new ones in stock. That is a clue there are problems. Cummins ECM is way more reliable than the Allison TCM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2021 :  06:08:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i thought to swap with sister bus but all my buses are leased to summer camps except this one so i called allison for a tcm they toldme they are six weeks out and even that is a maybe uggggggg
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2021 :  10:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got the new tcm friday put it in bus been on road few days no problems
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000