Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2016 Blue Bird Vision clearance lights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bucksgarage

17 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2021 :  09:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit bucksgarage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking to see if anyone has ever ran into an issue with just the top LED clearance lights causing the 15A resettable breaker to immediately trip when the lights are turned on? I have narrowed it down to the DKGRN/BLK wire from connector P5 to the lights. I have also unplugged every single LED marker light around the top of the bus body, and unplugged the front headlamp harness connectors as well. The circuit breaker still trips with all of this disconnected. I've also checked the driver's corner where the harness comes up from the circuit panel on the left side of the bus, found no bare or chafed wires. I have also started to pull down the covers where the dome lights are attached to check the wiring out there as well for abrasions or bare wires. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm pulling out what's left of my hair as I write this.

40ngone

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2021 :  10:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does this bus have a Child Check system that turns on the lights when activated. Just a thought if it is connected. Otherwise, you may be looking at a good old short to ground. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

bucksgarage

17 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2021 :  03:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit bucksgarage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, this unit doesn't have that system on it. I kinda figured it had a bad short somewhere in the wiring, just trying to get a better location of where it might be.......that is if someone else had the same issue in the past. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2021 :  07:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just have to keep pulling stuff apart I had a collins had to rear heater found a ground in the ceiling tied in with the roof hatch took 2 days to find that bugger.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2021 :  3:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a 2017 Vision that was losing clearance, tail, and the amber running lamps up by the headlights. We found a bundle of wires under the hood chaffing through on the driver side between the engine (6.7) and the LF frame rail near where the trans dipstick tube is. This bundle has the silver/foil heat resistant covering. You might check there...
Go to Top of Page

austindnh

23 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2021 :  07:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit austindnh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have also had wiring chaffed in the same spot on a 2016 Vison around the trans. dipstick. I would also look around the air door cylinder have seen some wires ground out in that front corner.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2021 :  09:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget to check those side turn signals. Some functioned as marker lights, not sure if all had the wiring down there or not.
Go to Top of Page

bucksgarage

17 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2021 :  07:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit bucksgarage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you to all who answered and gave ideas to where the problem area(s) may be. I ended up finding a wire for the rear center clearance lights that was rubbed through causing the issue. I had to make an entry point (panel) to get to the harness, as there's no other way I have found to gain access to the rear bulkhead wiring.

Thomasbus24......yes, the side turn signals on this particular bus are also marker/clearance lights, as they are hooked into the same circuit. What a nightmare some of these wiring issues can be! Hidden wiring harnesses that have absolutely no access, that is unless you make your own.

Edited by - bucksgarage on 06/04/2021 07:25:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000