Opinions about job performance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2021 :  11:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was recently terminated from a district I was with for almost 8 years . I think from the letters I read the mechanics are a great group of guys . So I am asking for thoughts on this issue . The district named 7 points to my termination . only one point I was written up about and even that info was wrong . My personal file was spotless and 7 evaluations and not one derogatory word about my performance . The union pointed all this out in a grievance meeting . It went no where . Pointed out in 7 years only one letter . Nothing about what I am accused of doing . The Superintendent pointed out numerous times it was a safety issue . But after every time he said it he mentioned the costs involved with the issues . So it was not a safety issue . The costs were and I have never seen or heard anything of them . I damaged a shop door and he quoted 4000 dollars . Only 2 panels were damaged and maintenance fixed those . Diesel spill on the road from a valve not shutting off . Claimed I left a line off . Waiting for EPA fine . We reported it and it's mu understanding that you are only billed if you don't report it . As you can tell I am very upset, depressed and thinking how anybody could take my 41 years of work and flush it . My state patrol inspections have always been great . The district has me thinking I am a danger to the districts students and am told I am not to ever show my face on district grounds . The union has tried but the district has more rights than me . My wife has been in the hospital for 1 month . Before she was airlifted near death with covid and a flesh eating bacteria I was meeting with the superintendent instead of being with her thinking I could save my job . The Suprintendent is one cold a hole . All he would say about the situation is he would say a prayer and he has never called or wrote me to see how she is . My supervisor called my daughter and said she was sorry about my wife and to tell me to keep my chin up !!! Give me a break !!! To this day no one has contacted me about any of this from work . My daughter is a para pro there and when she goes to the buses no one looks at her and no one except one driver speaks to her . My supervisor saw her coming towards her and turned tail and walked away . Now you are probably thinking I am better off not being there . It's my 41 years flushed away that has me upset and no one cares but my family I really need some help here !!

Gearbox

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2021 :  12:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Gearbox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just noticed there is a school bus mechanic position available at the Toledo School District which is 13 miles from the Onalaska School District.
https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3430864
http://toledoschools.us/
https://www.bing.com/maps/
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2021 :  8:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw that and tried to apply on the schools website . I couldn't get it to work so I emailed the supervisor for help . Never answered so I tried the Superintendent no answer . So keep the ideas coming . I have applied at Eatonville and they are setting something up
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2021 :  01:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dude, sorry to hear that, I hope you'll be back to your feet soon.

Edited by - Brook Peacock on 05/10/2021 01:40:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2021 :  11:19:17 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This has been the hardest issue I have ever had in my life . Nobody will talk to me .The drivers wrote letters to the Superintendent and didn't have one nice thing to say about me including my own boss .My family points out if I was such a screw up how did I make it 41 years . I had one of the best state patrol inspections and never a bad job evaluation one letter in my file because I raised my voice at some employees I was pissed at
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000