Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Blue bird air service brake issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

austindnh

23 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2021 :  04:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit austindnh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am working on a:
Blue Bird BB CV 2610 2014 model Body Number F440178.
This bus has a Bendix air brake system
The driver said the service brake is not holding if stopping at a red light. You can hit the brake and the bus will stop as you sit at a stop light you will feel the bus starting to move. Testing in the shop the driver is right you can hit the brake and come to a stop keeping slight pressure on the petal it will stay for about 30 seconds to a minute then the bus will slowly start to move forward. Brake lights do stay on as long as you foot is on the petal.
We have already replaced the foot petal valve bus still doing the same thing. Also does not have any External air leaks. I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem or knows where I can find a Schematic of the brake system for this bus?

Oregonfisher

3 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2021 :  12:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Oregonfisher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you checked Vantage for a schematic? Also, could this be an abs fault?
Go to Top of Page

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2021 :  03:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could be a torque converter.

quote:
Originally posted by austindnh

I am working on a:
Blue Bird BB CV 2610 2014 model Body Number F440178.
This bus has a Bendix air brake system
The driver said the service brake is not holding if stopping at a red light. You can hit the brake and the bus will stop as you sit at a stop light you will feel the bus starting to move. Testing in the shop the driver is right you can hit the brake and come to a stop keeping slight pressure on the petal it will stay for about 30 seconds to a minute then the bus will slowly start to move forward. Brake lights do stay on as long as you foot is on the petal.
We have already replaced the foot petal valve bus still doing the same thing. Also does not have any External air leaks. I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem or knows where I can find a Schematic of the brake system for this bus?

Go to Top of Page

austindnh

23 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2021 :  1:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit austindnh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I finally found the Schematic on Vantage I am now waiting on an R12 valve. Hopefully it will take care of it. No ABS faults at all. Put a pressure gauge on the front brake chamber both at the same PSI. Got underneath and felt around the R12 valve had a slight leak while someone held the brake.
quote:
Originally posted by Oregonfisher

Have you checked Vantage for a schematic? Also, could this be an abs fault?

Go to Top of Page

austindnh

23 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2021 :  04:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit austindnh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update the R12 valve fixed it
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2021 :  11:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that the issue was fixed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000