Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Difficult challenges for being in this profession
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  05:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What are the difficult challenges you have encountered for being a mechanic in this industry and did you deal with them? Please share it here.

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  1:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
out side of the physical abuse the body takes, getting training to stay on top of ever changing tech and the constant investment in tools. I often hear teachers cry about having to come up with a couple hundred worth of supplies a year to do their jobs and I laugh in their faces....
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2021 :  11:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it's the constant change in software issues The expense is a killer !! Then when you download it today tomorrow they come up with something else .
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2021 :  07:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
people just changing parts and not following the trouble shooting

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2021 :  03:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me the change in technology. I started on the automotive side in 76 when basics was all you needed. Now, can't do anything without a laptop.

I've kept up with changes, continued my education and training.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2021 :  03:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You guys nailed it. The advancement in tech really made our life harder but at the same time, I'm glad that I get to see major advancements in my lifetime. You know, one thing I'd really like to see someday is those elevating mobiles on the road and get to seat on one of them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000